Thursday, May 29, 2008

Uh-uh

Kristi and I have to tell John no sometimes, like when he wants to write on the couch with a pen or pull all the cds down from the shelf. Kristi started out trying to say "no thank you" at first, just so that John would be more polite when he says no to us. But I think in the heat of the moment our no's are more straightforward than that.

The other day John was sitting on the couch in the living room while I was at the computer in the kitchen. I began to realize that John was saying "uh uh" over and over again and so I decided to go in and see what he was doing. He had taken down a dvd case from the shelf and opened it and was spinning the dvd in the case--something that Kristi has asked him not to do. I think the "uh uh" was him letting me know that he was doing something that he knew he was not supposed to do.

No comments: