Friday, May 2, 2008

Toothbrush Hockey

I brushed John's teeth tonight, which he doesn't ever seem to enjoy. It's getting more important, though, becase he suddenly has a mouthful of teeth. After I was done, he took the brush himself and stuck it in his mouth. He seems to like doing things for himself.

Then suddenly he did something I had never seen before. He picked up his little cushy Rangers ball, threw it on the ground, and then starting running after it with his toothbrush in hand. When he caught up to it, he reached down and smacked it across the room with his toothbrush. He ran it down and--whap--hit the ball again. Every once in a while, he would pick it up and throw it down and hit it again with the brush. Sometimes he hit it into the closet or under his crib. A couple of times he even cried out "goal"! (Just before this happened, I called out to Kristi to come in and see what he was doing. She assured me that he was really saying "ball" and it only sounded like "goal." It sure sounded like "goal" to me, though.)

1 comment:

Kristi said...

A day or two ago, I was sitting in the glider in John's room while he was hitting a ball around -- then he hit it between my legs, and said "Goal!" So now even I am fairly sure he is saying goal -- though unsure where he would have learned it.